My name is Wayne Naugle, and I am the Founder and Executive Director of Families 4 Families. My wife, Kelli, and I have 7 children - 5 biological and 2 adopted through foster care. Our family has walked the road of home compliance, court dates, case workers, and adoption - not to mention all of the days and challenges in between. We understand the repercussions and stress this process and call can have on the entire family. That’s one of the core reasons we built Families 4 Families and why we are dedicated to supporting the whole family. If we haven’t met yet, my wife and I would love the opportunity to meet with you and hear how God might be leading you. Maybe by sharing our journey and how God has been moving, we can encourage you in yours. We would love to do it together.
Our story begins on May 6, 2012. After a long process of completing our home study, we were finally approved as a foster family. The first day our home was opened, we received a phone call about a baby girl who had just been born behind a dumpster and abandoned in the Five Points area of Atlanta. We immediately huddled together as a family, and 5 minutes later gave our “Yes!” After bringing her into our home, we cared for her as she was detoxing from drugs, lethargic from malnourishment, and struggling with seizures. A year into fostering her, we were talking about the adoption process; however, one week later we received another phone call from our agency about a second baby girl who had been similarly abandoned. She was the half-sister to our foster child. Before our family could wrap our arms around each other for huddle number two, it was a unanimous decision to, again, give our “Yes!”
A year later on April 8, 2014, it was adoption day, and our two baby girls became Abbie and Ashlie Naugle. The stories of our girls and the statistics of so many other children in Georgia changed our hearts and lives forever. Impacted to our cores, we left our jobs and began helping children like ours full-time. We have encountered Jesus constantly along the way - from getting to know Abbie and Ashlie’s birth mother who had aged out of foster care herself on the streets of Atlanta, to Abbie and Ashlie getting to meet their half siblings.
Our personal journey brought our passion of Families 4 Families to life in 2017. Our desire is to find God-loving families who can help other families who are hurting and broken in the foster care system. Some children will go home and be restored and reunited to biological families, and some children will be adopted into new families. And although we have excellent programs and processes in place for our families, we know God loves these children more than we do, so we trust Him with the outcome. We would be honored for you to join our family and parter with us as God continues to write your story.
The Naugle Family
Statement of Faith
FAMILIES4FAMILIES ADHERES TO THE STATEMENT OF FAITH OF THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF EVANGELICALS
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by who's indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Position on Morality
In the best interest of children regarding morality and role modeling, there are additional principles to which Families 4 Families Foster Care subscribers to uphold ethical conduct. We believe this provides the foundation for the values we hope to communicate to the children entrusted to our care.
1. We believe the term "marriage" only has one meaning and that marriage is sanctioned by God which joins one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union.
2. We believe that any form of sexual immorality is wrong.
3. We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed towards any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of the church.
What is a Private Agency?
Families 4 Families is a Private Foster Care Agency. You might be curious about what that entails and how fostering through a Private Agency differs from fostering through your local county.
"A Private Foster Care Agency is an organization who is licensed through the State of Georgia to place Georgia's foster children in foster homes."
Private Agencies, under the oversight of the State Office, meticulously follow standards for approving foster families. State approval is a prerequisite before any foster child is placed in a home.
Upon a child entering foster care, the originating county assumes custody and seeks a suitable foster home. This involves assessing local county foster homes and collaborating with nearby Private Agencies.
Choosing to foster through our Private Agency means embracing unique advantages. From special support services like monthly date nights and ongoing education to close-knit support groups and access to essential items for foster children, we're here for you. An additional caseworker will stand by your side, providing personalized support and advocacy, all while maintaining a low caseload for undivided attention. Unlike county-based fostering, we open the door to placements from any nearby county.
As you consider these distinctions, envision your family's fostering journey. Whether you choose our Private Agency or opt to foster directly through your local county, we're excited about the prospect of serving and supporting your family on this profoundly rewarding path.