Wayne Naugle - Executive Director
Wayne Naugle is the founder for Families 4 Families. He and his wife Kelli have 5 biological children along with 2 children that have been adopted through foster care. His family has walked the road of home compliance, court dates, case workers, and adoption. He knows and understands the stress it can have on the entire family. Families 4 Families is dedicated to supporting the entire family. Wayne and Kelli would love the opportunity to work with you and talk about your family being involved in foster care.
OUR STORY begins on May 6, 2012. After a long process of completing our home study, we were finally approved as a foster family. The first day our home was opened, we would receive a phone call about a newborn girl who had been born behind a dumpster and abandoned in the Five Points area of Atlanta. After bringing her into our home, we cared for an infant detoxing from drugs, lethargic, from malnourishment, and startled by several seizures. After a year of fostering we were talking adoption. God had other plans because a week later we received another phone call from our agency about a second girl who had been abandoned. She was the half sister to our first foster child. One more year would go by before both of these little girls would be adopted on April 8, 2014, and they would become Abbie and Ashlie Naugle.
Our girls and the statistics of so many other children in our state changed our lives so much that we left our job at our church and began helping children full-time. Shortly after adopting our girls, we were speaking at a church to a small group sharing pictures of the girls. Afterwards a gentleman approached us explaining that he had been helping a homeless lady in Atlanta for the last 3 years who had been pregnant twice and looked like our oldest daughter. It so happened that this lady was Abbie and Ashlie's birth mother. She had grown up in foster care and aged out. We explained to her that we loved her, but that God loves her more. Through several God ordained meetings, we have also located the three other biological sisters, met them, and continue to stay connected with them. We have been blessed to have such a large family through adoption.
Out of all these experiences comes the passion of Families 4 Families. Our desire is to find loving families who can help hurting and broken families in the foster care system. Some children will go home to biological families, and some will be adopted. We know God loves these children more than we do so we trust Him on the outcome. At Families 4 Families, we do not charge churches or the foster families for any of our services. We want the foster families and church families to be able to pour into these children's lives and reach out to their birth families with Christ's love. We would be honored to have you join our family and partner with us to write your own God story.
Wayne's Vision For Families 4 Families
At Families 4 Families we understand that there is no such thing as just being Foster Parents. It's really a family ministry. Many times you are not just taking care of a foster child but also interacting with their family as well. Our vision is simple to come alongside of your family to support you in ministering to their families who are hurting in the foster care system. Our desire is to have an agency that treat people like family.
Statement of Faith
FAMILIES4FAMILIES ADHERES TO THE STATEMENT OF FAITH OF THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF EVANGELICALS
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by who's indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Position on Morality
In the best interest of children regarding morality and role modeling, there are additional principles to which Families 4 Families Foster Care subscribers to uphold ethical conduct. We believe this provides the foundation for the values we hope to communicate to the children entrusted to our care.
1. We believe the term "marriage" only has one meaning and that marriage is sanctioned by God which joins one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union.
2. We believe that any form of sexual immorality is wrong.
3. We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed towards any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of the church.